Information leaflet for visitors to website
Welcome to the website hicons.biz.
The use of this website is not intended for minors (<18 years). We do not knowingly acquire, through this website, browser’s personal data from this age group. We urge parents to talk to their children about internet usage and the information which may be revealed to them upon visiting internet websites.
Active data collection – data provided by visitors
As on many other websites, this site may gather user information, both by allowing the user to communicate by email, questionnaires and by specific queries made directly to the user. Some areas of these websites may request the user to provide personal data necessary to allow access to specific areas or services (for example: registration, compilation of personal data, transmission of curriculum vitae) or participation in specific activities. At the moment of our request for such information, you will be provided with the appropriate information on its use and informed of which information is necesssary for access to services or to participate in the activity in question, and which information is optional.
Passive data collection
While navigating the internet, some anonymous data (i.e. which does not identify the user), may be passively collected (meaning not directly received from the user) by the website owner using methods such as cookies, Internet tags, web beacons and navigation information (log files, server logs, clickstream). Furthermore, your browser transmits some of this anonymous data to our website, for example the website which you visited immediatly prior to ours, your Internet Protocol address (IP address), the version of the browser that you are currently using. This site may gather data from your computer by means of cookies and internet tags or web beacons. You may change your browser settings to be advised of the transmission of a cookie or to refuse transmission at all times, but some features of this website may not work without cookies.
This website may use and combine this passively collected anonymous information to provide a better service to visitors, tailor the site based on user preferences, compile and analyse statistics and tendancies and not least, to administer and improve the website for those who visit it. This information will not be combined with the personal information collected by our website without your express permission. For additional information regarding cookies and other passive data collection methodologies, please read the following paragraphs:
A "cookie" is a record of electronic information that a website sends to a user’s browser to allow the future identification of the same computer on a future visit to the same website and of the users browsing preferences.
“Session” cookies are temporary electronic records of information which enhance navigation, prevent the need for visitors to provide the same information needlessly (the site “remembers” information provided on previous visits, e.g. age, country of origin which are outside specific parameters, and blocks any successive modification of same) and which are needed to compile statistical information for the overall website. These “session” cookies are eliminated once the browser leaves the website or browser or when the user switches off his/her computer.
“Permanent” cookies are records of electronic information which are found on the hard disk of the user’s computer for a certain period of time until such time as the user eliminates them. These permanent cookies store information on the users computer for many reasons, among which to recall information that the user has already provided (for example, the password), help to determine which area of the website the user finds most interesting, profile the website based on user preferences. Permanent cookies sent by this website to your computer may contain identifying personal information but only if the user is registered on the website and has given authorisation for use of identifying details provided to the website. Should this not be the case, our server only knows that an anonymous visitor with that cookie has returned to visit the website.
You may set up your browser to accept all cookies, to refuse all cookies or to give notification each time a cookie is offered, therefore you may decide each time whether to accept a cookie or not. For additional information on cookies and on how to set your preference, you may conduct a search for "cookie" in the "Help" section of your browser.
An Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) is a number which has been assigned to your computer by your service provider so that the user may connect to the internet. Personal information is generally not stored since in most cases, an IP address is dynamic (this means that it changes each time the user connects to the Internet) rather than static (unique to the computer of each individual user). The IP address may be used to resolve server related issues, to verify information collected from different sources, to determine the fastest way for your computer to connect to the website and to improve the same website.
Internet tags (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisibile GIFs and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and provide the site server with information such as IP address and browser type used by visitors to the website. These "tags" may be present in the advertisment which brings the user to the site, or on other pages within the website in question. Such "tags" tell how many times a certain page was opened and what information was consulted.
"Navigation data" ("log files, "server logs" and "clickstream" data) is used for system management, to improve site content, conduct market research and communicate information to site users.
Conditions and use of information: subjects to whom information may be provided
In accordance with Article 13 of Legislative Decree. n. 196/2003 (former art. 10 Law n. 675/96), we wish to inform you that the personal information supplied by you to the website, as well as that provided during site registration will be treated, with the aid of electronic devices and associated systems in the following manner:
- uses strictly associated with registration on this website. All personal information provided for this purpose, as indicated in the information provided at moment of registration, is gathered electronically and automatically archived on Human Value S.r.l. servers; its use is exclusively for purposes strictly to guarantee access to the website and to provide assistance and information, if requested, during site navigation. Without this information, it is not possible to provide the services requested. Consequently, refusal to provide such information may prohibit access to such services.
- functional uses for our activities including: the creation of your user profile to improve and personalise the website and the services offered, market research, economical and statistical analysis.
- data use necessary to fulfill the obligation provided for by law, by a ruling or by community regulations which, to explain, safeguard public order and truth, and supress crime.
With limited reference to the use at point 2), your data may be communicated to:
- other Group companies, indicated within the same website, or
- trusted companies who provide services to our company, endorsed by us to manage or improve our activity (e.g. to carry out market research).
Information provided to our website is not subject to diffusion.
Rights of the interested party
We wish to inform you that the current regulations regarding personal information enables the interested party (or to be more specific the subjects to whom the personal information refers) to exercise specific rights.
According to article 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, one may obtain, as the interested party:
- confirmation of the existence of personal data, even if not yet registered, and its communication in intelligible form;
- indication of its source, purpose and use, as well as information on the logic applied in the case of use with the aid of electronic instruments.
- Identification of the data processor and data controller as well as of subjects or categories of subjects to whom such information may be communicated or who may gain knowledge of same;
- Elimination, transformation into anonymous form or prevention if handled in violation of the law, as well as updating, correction or, when relevant, integration of the information.
Moreover, the interested party may oppose, for legitimate reasons, the handling of ones personal information. One may also oppose uses such as advertising, direct sales or market research and commercial communications.
Data Controller and Processor, Italian representative
The Data Controller for personal information is Human Value S.r.l. .Via Delle Querce 7 Treviolo (BG).
In the case that you should:
- have requests to make regarding the use of your personal data according to the preceeding paragraph, or
- wish to see the complete list of the data processors and of third parties to whom ones data may be communicated, as well as
- to ensure the personal data provided to the website is accurate, updated and complete at all times,
please contact us at the address indicated above.
It will be our priority to update or correct the personal information in our possession or to cancel it from our contact lists as requested.
This website takes all reasonable steps to protect the personal data which has been provided to our website and to prevent its loss, improper use, access, diffusion, alteration or unauthorised destruction. Please note that no transmisison of information over the internet is completely secure or error free. E-mails sent to or from this site may not be secure.
Connection with other websites